ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
To develop Electrical & Electronics Engineering professionals competent to face the global challenges in a Edifying environment conducive to learn technical knowledge, skills blended with ethics and values, to Coordinate and serve to the society for betterment and comfortable living.
M1 :To provide a competitive learning environment, through a need based curriculum designed in collaboration with industry, conducive for high quality education emphasising on transfer of knowledge and skill development essential for the profession and the society as well.
M2 :To nurture higher order leadership qualities and ethics and values in students to enable them to be leaders in their chosen professions while maintaining the highest level of ethics.
M3 :To encourage the spirit of inquisition to promote innovation and entrepreneurship strengthened with life skills to sustain the stress.
M4 :To foster effective interactions and networking with all the stake holders so as to work towards the growth and sustainability of the society and environment.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
On completion of the Diploma Electrical & Electronics Engineering programme, the students should have acquired the following characteristics
PEO1 :An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, Science , engineering and management principles in solving problems in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
PEO2 :To be life-long learners with sprit of enquiry and zeal to acquire new knowledge and skills so as to remain contemporary and posses required professional skills.
PEO3 :To enhance entrepreneurial, communication and other soft skills, which will enable them to work globally as leaders, team members and contribute to nation building for the betterment of the society.
PEO4 :To make them strongly committed to the highest levels of professional ethics and focus on ensuring quality, adherence to public policy and law, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability in all their professional activities.
- Basic and discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using standard methods
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs
- Engineering tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well defined engineering activities.
- Life-Long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engaging updating in the context of technological changes.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- An ability to understand the basic concepts of Electrical & Electronics Engineering and to apply them to various areas like Wiring Installations, Lighting Schemes , Static & Rotating machinery, drawing layouts , Power System ( Generation, Transmission, Distribution& utilisation), Digital electronics, power control devices, Computer programming ,managerial skills and the use SMART technologies.
- An ability to Repair, develop and trouble shooting of Various Electrical & Electronics equipment’s by using suitable tools and techniques, to design Customized applications in Electrical & Electronics Engineering at economic and efficient considerations, to develop software & hardware solutions.
- Wisdom of social and environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for real-world applications in the field of Electronics using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.